The Harvest Festival (Kaamatan in “KADAZANDUSUN”) is for the various communities in Sabah to get together to celebrate the closing of the Paddy Harvest Season. This regatta was started in 1987, as the Sabah Fest as a contribution to the seasonal celebration, to give sailors an opportunity to compete and meet each other, and encourage sailors and visitors from outside Sabah to share the Festival with us.
1. The Organiser, Kinabalu Yacht Club (KYC) has the pleasure in inviting sailors from various recognized Sailing Clubs to participate in the Harvest Festival & Sabahfest Open Regatta 2011 from the 28th & 29th May 2011 (Saturday and Sunday).
This regatta has a Marathon Island Race and a separate Harvest Festival Series Races. Sail’a endorses this regatta as a ranking event for Sabah State Sailors.
2. The venue shall be the Kinabalu Yacht Club and the races shall be conducted at the sea in front of Kinabalu Yacht Club and the nearby islands of the Tunku Abdul Rahman Park.
3. A minimum of 3 boats is required to make a class which shall be as follows:-
a. Int. 470 Open
b. Int. 420 Open
b. Laser Full Rig Open
c. Laser Radial Open
d. Laser Radial Girls
e. Laser 4.7 Open
f. Laser 4.7 Girls
h. Optimist Div. A (born 1996-1998), Div. B (born 1999-2000), Div. C (born 2001 and later)
i. Novice Class (Any Sailors who has not taken part in any 3 major regattas - Sabah Sailors Only)
4. The respective class rules apply, together with the ISAF Racing Rules of Sailing 2009-2012, the Sailing Instructions, this Notice of Race and rule changes on the Official Notice Board.
5. Entry forms must be submitted before the 16th May 2011. Late entries shall be accepted at the discretion of KYC.
6. Registration shall be on 27th May 2011 (Friday) from 10:00 am to 12:00 noon and on 28th May 2011 (Saturday) from 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Acceptance of registration outside of these times shall be at the discretion of KYC.
7. The registration fee is RM70.00 per participant except for Optimist is RM50.00.
8. A list of hotels and telephone numbers are given below. Participants are required to book directly with the various hotels.
• Borneo Beachouse (Backpackers) - Tel : 60 88-218331 - (5 minutes walk to KYC)
• Puspanite (Lodging House), Tg. Aru - Tel : 60 88-235 266 - (10 -15 minutes walk to KYC)
• Hotel Casuarina (Tel : 60 88-221 000) - (5 minutes walk to KYC)
• Megah D'Aru, Tg. Aru - Tel : 60 88-239 666 - (1 km to KYC)
• Shangri-la Tanjung Aru Resort - Tel : 60 88-225 800 - (5 minutes walk to KYC)
• Pacific Sutera - Tel : 60 88-252 266 - (3 km to KYC)
• Hyatt Hotel - Tel : 60 88-221 234 - (City Centre, 6 km to KYC)
• Magellan Hotel - Tel : 60 88-312 222 - (3 km to KYC)
• Beverly Hotel - Tel : 60 88-258 998 - (City Centre, 5 km to KYC)
• Promenade Hotel - Tel : 60 88-265 555 - (City Centre, 5 km from KYC)
• Tang Dynasty - Tel : 60 88-263 389 - (City Centre, 5 km from KYC)
• Api Api Centre Apartment - Tel : 016-830 1981 - (5 km from KYC)
9. The programme:
HARVEST FESTIVAL & SABAHFEST OPEN REGATTA 2011