NOTICE OF RACE
1. The Organisers, Kinabalu Yacht Club (KYC) and Sabah Sailing Association (Saila) has the pleasure in inviting sailors from various recognised sailing clubs/associations to participate in the KFC-18th Merdeka Day Open Regatta 2011 from the 16th to 18th September 2011. This is a Malaysia National Ranking Regatta and non-discardable for National Ranking purposes.
2. The venue shall be the Kinabalu Yacht Club and the races shall be conducted at the sea in front of Kinabalu Yacht Club.
3. A minimum of three (3) boats is required to form a class or combined class which shall be as follows :-
a. Int. 470 Open
b. Int. 420 Open
c. Laser Standard Open
d. Laser Radial Open
e. Laser 4.7 Open
f. Optimist Div. A (born 1996-1997), Div. B (born 1999-2000), Div. C (born 2001 and later).
g. Optimist Novice (Only for Sabah)
4. The respective class rules apply, together with the ISAF Racing Rules of Sailing 2009-2012, the Sailing Instructions, this Notice of Race and rule changes on the Official Notice Board. Prescriptions of the Malaysian Yachting Association will apply. Sabah sailors are bound by the prescriptions of Sabah Sailing Association.
5. Entry forms must be submitted before the 1st September 2011.
6. Registration shall be on Friday 16th September from 8am – 9am. Acceptance of registration outside of these times shall be at the discretion of the Organiser.
7. The registration fee is RM50.00 per participant for Optimist & RM70.00 per participant in the other classes. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Organiser.
8. Participants are required to book directly with the various hotels.
• Borneo Beachouse (Backpackers) - Tel : 60 88-218331 - (5 minutes walk to KYC)
• Puspanite (Lodging House), Tg. Aru - Tel : 60 88-235 266 - (10 -15 minutes walk to KYC)
• Hotel Casuarina (Tel : 60 88-221 000) - (5 minutes walk to KYC)
• Megah D'Aru, Tg. Aru - Tel : 60 88-239 666 - (1 km to KYC)
• Shangri-la Tanjung Aru Resort - Tel : 60 88-225 800 - (5 minutes walk to KYC)
• Pacific Sutera - Tel : 60 88-252 266 - (3 km to KYC)
• Hyatt Hotel - Tel : 60 88-221 234 - (City Centre, 6 km to KYC)
• Magellan Hotel - Tel : 60 88-312 222 - (3 km to KYC)
• Beverly Hotel - Tel : 60 88-258 998 - (City Centre, 5 km to KYC)
• Promenade Hotel - Tel : 60 88-265 555 - (City Centre, 5 km from KYC)
• Tang Dynasty - Tel : 60 88-263 389 - (City Centre, 5 km from KYC)
• Api Api Centre Apartment - Tel : 016-830 1981 - (5 km from KYC)
9. The programme:
16th September 2011, Friday
0800 hrs - Registration, Boat allocation and rigging at KYC
1330hrs - Start of Series Race
Lunch provided on land at KYC
1630hrs - Last possible start.
17th September 2011, Saturday
1000hrs - Continuation of Series Races
Lunch provided on land or water
1630hrs - Last possible start.
18th September 2011, Sunday
1000 hrs - Continuation of Series Race
(Lunch provided on land or water)
1500 hrs - Last possible start
1700 hrs - Prize Giving at KYC
1800 hrs - High Tea at KYC
11. There shall be a rule in the Sailing Instructions requiring all competitors to wear a buoyancy aid while afloat or racing unless the class rules allow otherwise. The Organiser regrets being unable to supply any buoyancy aids or trapeze harnesses.
12. Class of boats subject to availability: 470s, 420s, Lasers, Laser Radial, Laser 4.7 and Optimists.
No issued boats may be changed during the entire regatta unless the Beachmaster is satisfied that a replacement boat is required. Entries may be rejected if a particular class is oversubscribed. Early submissions of entries are encouraged to ensure boat availability. There is an initial allocation of 5 Opis per state/nation, club or association. Lasers are allocated on a first come first serve basis.
13. The boat charter fees are as follows (Standard Malaysian Charter rates)
* Optimist without sails - RM 150.00
* Newer Optimists without sails - RM 250.00
* Laser/Laser Radial/Laser 4.7. without sails - RM 200.00
* Newer Laser without sails - RM 300.00
* Int. 470/420s without sails - RM 300.00